Books I’m reading now or have finished recently (via Goodreads)
- Parrot and Olivier in America
- The Sellout
- Paul Simon: The Life
- Uncanny Valley: A Memoir
- The Marriage Plot
- The Overstory
- Listening for America: Inside the Great American Songbook from Gershwin to Sondheim
- By Nightfall
- The Cello Suites: J. S. Bach, Pablo Casals, and the Search for a Baroque Masterpiece
- [toread] Donald Trump’s Triumph and the Case for Escalation - The Atlantic
- [toread] Why Do So Many Posers Play “Offset” Guitars? | Premier Guitar
- [toread] Robert Reich
- [toread] Democrats Have Been Itching to Impeach From the Start - The Atlantic
- [toread] The best books of 2019, according to Slate book critic Laura Miller.
- [toread] The best books of 2019, according to Slate books editor Dan Kois.
- [toread] The Political Gabfest on the first public impeachment hearings, the fresh faces in the Democratic presidential primary, and DACA at the Supreme Court.
- [toread] On “Human Scum” and Trump in the Danger Zone | The New Yorker
- [toread] The Inevitability of Impeachment - The Atlantic
- [toread] Romney Can Solve the GOP’s Collective-Action Problem - The Atlantic
I also really, really enjoy listening to podcasts. Here are a few that have caught my attention recently (via Pocket Casts)
- Decoder Ring explores the strange and wacky world of novelty testicle products: Truck Nutz, Bulls Balls, Neuticles, Bike Balls, Gunsticles, and more.
- Postmodernism and Religion | Robert Wright & John D. Caputo [The Wright Show] - YouTube
- Ep. 110 Enspiral: “Better Work Together” – Team Human
- Ep. 114 Geert Lovink on “Sad by Design” – Team Human
- The Biology of Good and Evil: Sam Harris
- Very Bad Wizards Episode 117: Extended Minds, Extended Foreskins
- Your Attention Please, 'PRI: To the Best of Our... - Podcat
- How to Be More Productive - Freakonomics Freakonomics
- Ellen Langer — Science of Mindlessness and Mindfulness | On Being
- Everything on Demand | To the best of our KNOWLEDGE