Books I’m reading now or have finished recently (via Goodreads)
- Anxious People
- The Unnamed
- Snow (St. John Strafford, #1)
- He (Perennial Library)
- Shelley: The Pursuit (New York Review Books Classics)
- To Be a Man: A Guide to True Masculine Power
- Shambhala: The Sacred Path of the Warrior
- The Tyranny of Merit: What’s Become of the Common Good?
- Evil Geniuses: The Unmaking of America
- [toread] The Capitol riot was an expression of violent male rage.
- [toread] Pro-insurrection Republicans check to see if they can still blame things on the intolerant left.
- [toread] Capitol Riot: Overreaction Won’t Help Anyone - The Atlantic
- [toread] The First Veto – BillMoyers.com
- [toread] A Warning From a Democrat in a Red State - The Atlantic
- [toread] A Free Online Course from Yale University Explains How the World Lapsed into the Politics of Fear & Resentment | Open Culture
- [toread] Just Give Your People Small Comforts: A 2020 Holiday Gift Guide | The New Yorker
- [toread] The best books of 2020, according to Slate’s book critic.
- [toread] Christian group tears down mysterious monolith on California mountain | US news | The Guardian
- [toread] The Very Best People - The Atlantic
I also really, really enjoy listening to podcasts. Here are a few that have caught my attention recently (via Pocket Casts)
- Decoder Ring explores the strange and wacky world of novelty testicle products: Truck Nutz, Bulls Balls, Neuticles, Bike Balls, Gunsticles, and more.
- Postmodernism and Religion | Robert Wright & John D. Caputo [The Wright Show] - YouTube
- Ep. 110 Enspiral: “Better Work Together” – Team Human
- Ep. 114 Geert Lovink on “Sad by Design” – Team Human
- The Biology of Good and Evil: Sam Harris
- Very Bad Wizards Episode 117: Extended Minds, Extended Foreskins
- Your Attention Please, 'PRI: To the Best of Our... - Podcat
- How to Be More Productive - Freakonomics Freakonomics
- Ellen Langer — Science of Mindlessness and Mindfulness | On Being
- Everything on Demand | To the best of our KNOWLEDGE